The Down Syndrome Association of Northwest Indiana & Chicagoland is implementing annual dues starting this year to help us continue our quality events, programs, and services.
Choose Your Membership
Need More Membership Info?
Paid Family ($50)
A paid family membership covers six (6) members per household, which includes (and requires) one family member with Down syndrome/special needs.
Volunteer Family (40 hours)
A volunteer family membership covers six (6) members per household, which includes (and requires) one family member with Down syndrome/special needs. The forty (40) volunteer hours are due by the end of 2017 by anyone in the household 14+. The DSA only allows one volunteer per family per event.
First-Time Family (free)
A first-time family membership is free and covers six (6) members per household, which includes (and requires) one family member with Down syndrome/special needs.
An individual membership is $50 and covers one (1) person. This is for extended family members, supporters of the association and/or professionals.
Read About the Perks!
(Note: the DSA of NWI & Chicagoland reserves the right to cancel or change programs and events)
- Participate in DSA of NWI age-appropriate social groups and activities
- Attend FREE educational programs and workshops
- Updated DSA website
- DSA Social Media (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter)
- Enrollment in our Making Connections Tutoring Program (reading and math)
- Chit Chat Speech Groups (all ages)
- Lending Library-A place to check out books, DVDs and developmental games
- Monthly Arts Abound Classes (all ages)
- Birthday cards delivered to persons with disabilities during the month of their birthday
- Eligibility to be included in DSA Give Back Program
- Quarterly newsletters
- Automatic enrollment in our email notification group
- New Parent Welcome Packets for new babies and families
- Summer Family Picnic
- Fall Outing
- Spring Egg Hunt
- Open Play and Game Nights
- Yearly Baby Shower
- Tiny Tots Playgroup (0-4yrs)
- Moms Nights (quarterly)
- Dads Nights (quarterly)
- Monthly signing class
- Cooking Up Cooking Classes
- Teen Stars Group (13&up)
- S.M.I.L.E Group events (18&up)
- Play & Grow Group (Ages 3-8yrs)
- Respite Nights
- Reduced registration cost for Awards Night, Holiday Party and Valentine’s Party
But most of all, a yearly DSA membership provides you with pride in knowing you are reaching out to new parents of children with Down syndrome, helping families connect with each other, and providing education and advocacy.